The Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins June 1st
Click here to see if your area is affected
HAZARDOUS WIND MESSAGE 1
HURRICANE NETWORK NEW YORK NY
ISSUED BY THN CENTRAL PACIFIC CENTER HILO HI
615 PM EDT FRI APR 10 2020
...EXTENSIVE DAMAGING WIND EVENT FORECAST FOR EASTER SUNDAY...
Hazardous Wind Watch 1 for convective wind gusts is in effect from
900 AM CDT Sunday through 400 PM CDT Sunday.
Hazardous Wind Watch 1 is in effect for:
* South/Central Louisiana
* Extreme Eastern Texas
SUMMARY AND IMPACTS
* SUMMARY: A complex atmospheric setup is expected to create a
severe weather outlook on Sunday. The setup is forecast to produce
an extensive widespread wind event with also long-tracked and
* WINDS: For the watch area, severe storms could produce gusts as
high as 80 mph.
* OTHER IMPACTS: There is a moderate risk for strong and long-lived
tornadoes for portions of the watch area. Users should be reminded
to practice tornado safety by having a safe area ready in the
event sheltering is needed and ensure there is a way to receive
tornado warnings without power.
* Prepare for power outages now. Stock up on necessary supplies to
last for several days without power. A list of supplies can be
found on ready.gov or redcross.org
* Be ready to seek shelter immediately if a tornado warning is
issued for your area. Make sure you also have ways to get tornado
warnings if you do not have power such as a battery operated radio
or mobile phone.
* Refer to the Storm Prediction Center (spc.noaa.gov) and the
National Weather Service (weather.gov) for watches and warnings
during this outbreak.