The Hurricane Network Launches New Website
Welcome to The Hurricane Network’s experimental website! This website is scheduled to be live June 10th, 2018 until then this website will be under construction and new features will soon be added.
The Hurricane Network has been using the same old design and features since 2014, so it might be time for a good change for you the user and for us as well because we added great features for you as the viewer and for us as the forecaster.
Here is a list of some new or upcoming user features:
- NEW: Brand new website design with easy navigation.
- NEW: Improved graphical products
- NEW: New resources/data so you can follow along with us during a hurricane.
- UPCOMING: A discussion board that you can talk to fellow users and interact in the hurricane discussion.
- UPCOMING: SMS Alert Subscription
Now, a look at some new or upcoming behind the scenes features for our forecasters:
- NEW: Automatically updating news feed on top of the home page for new “Announcement” posts including on-going advisory information.
- NEW: Totally new back-end scripts to automatically generate advisory pages and grab the latest forecast discussion page.
- UPCOMING: Text product generation right from the staff area!
- UPCOMING: MailChimp and Twilio integration to easily send out email and text alerts at the same time once a post was published.
We want your comments! Click here to fill out a brief survey on our new website!