FLORIDA: How to Help the Bahamas
The Bahamas needs our help more than ever, here is how you can help:
BahamaStrong is collecting needed items at all City of Miami fire stations (list at bottom), as well as Greater St. Paul AME Church at 3680 Thomas Avenue and Christ Episcopal Church at 3475 William Avenue, both in Coconut Grove.
List of items needed:
- Canned goods
- Can openers
- Mosquito spray
- Baby formula
- First aid items
- Small generators
City of Miami fire station locations:
- Fire Station 1: 144 N.E. 5 ST
- Fire Station 2: 1901 N. MIAMI AVE
- Fire Station 3: 1103 NW 7 ST
- Fire Station 4: 1105 SW 2 AVE
- Fire Station 5: 1200 NW 20 ST
- Fire Station 6: 701 NW 36 ST
- Fire Station 7: 314 BEACOM BLVD
- Fire Station 8: 2975 OAK AVE
- Fire Station 9: 69 NE 62 ST
- Fire Station 10: 4101 NW 7 ST
- Fire Station 11: 5920 W. FLAGLER ST
- Fire Station 12: 1455 NW 46 ST
- Fire Station 13: 185 NE 82 TER
- Fire Station 14: 2119 S.W. 19 ST
The National Association of the Bahamas has set up an online fund to donate money for their hurricane relief efforts.
The Global Empowerment Mission is accepting donations to their warehouse at 340 N.W. 59 Terrace in Miami between 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day.
Lifestyle Miami will be collecting water, canned goods, first aid kits and other relief items at 3 locations:
- Lifestyle Miami Offices – 5161 N.W. 79 Avenue, Doral
- Oasis Solutions – 6001 N.W. 153 Street, Miami Lakes
- Molinas Ranch – 4090 E. 6 Avenue, Hialeah
Donations accepted at the Dr. Dorothy Bendross-Mindinghall Social & Economic Institute at 5120 N.W. 24 Avenue in Miami or click here to donate money.
The Miami-Dade County Fair has created a GoFundMe account to assist the victims of Hurricane Dorian.
The Rotary Club of Miami Brickell will be accepting donations and supplies at Batch Gastropub at 30 S.W. 12 Street in Miami from 6 – 9 p.m.
Le Luxe Beauty Bar at 10597 S.W. 40 Street in Miami is collecting donations at its location.
The Rev. Archer- Christ Episcopal Church at 3481 Hibiscus St. in Coconut Grove is collecting donations.
In Broward, the Koinonia Worship Center at 4900 West Hallandale Beach Boulevard will begin accepting donations at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Donations are also being collected at Shelter Aviation at 1100 SW 41st Court in Fort Lauderdale, American Horse Trails Ranch at 4828 SW 198th Terrace in Southwest Ranches and at Smith, Gaskill & Shenkman at 11891 U.S. 1 in North Palm Beach.
Click here to view a map of drop-off locations in the city of Miami.