Hazardous Wind Message #1
Click here to see if your area is affected
HAZARDOUS WIND MESSAGE 1
HURRICANE NETWORK NEW YORK NY
1000 AM EDT FRI APR 12 2019
...POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SEVERE WEATHER EVENT EXPECTED SATURDAY...
Hazardous Wind Watch 1 for convective wind gusts is now in effect.
Hazardous Wind Watch 1 is in effect for:
* South/Central Louisiana
* Extreme Eastern Texas
SUMMARY AND IMPACTS
* SUMMARY: A vigorous surface low pressure system will rapidly
strengthen across the region of the watch through Saturday.
Atmospheric conditions are prime for a significant severe weather
event tomorrow with a moderate risk of severe winds of 75 mph or
* WINDS: For the watch area, severe storms could produce gusts as
high as 90 mph.
* OTHER IMPACTS: There is a potential for a major severe weather
outbreak in the region with a high risk of tornadoes. Interests in
the affected area, refer to your local National Weather Service
office for storm specific information for your area.
* Prepare for power outages now. Stock up on necessary supplies to
last for several days without power. A list of supplies can be
found on ready.gov or redcross.org
* Make a severe weather plan with your family in the event a tornado
warning is issued for your area.
* Listen for possible warnings from your National Weather Service
Office and local media.